Thursday, August 22, 2013

 12:21 AM      No comments

"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just
revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads
as a giant "F YOU" to Russia. The 41-year-old actor
fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg
International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation
for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ...
and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality
for the first time. "Thank you for your kind invitation.
As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the
past and can also claim a degree of Russian
ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes.
However, as a gay man, I must decline."Miller
continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current
attitude toward and treatment of gay men and
women by the Russian government.""The situation
is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good
conscience participate in a celebratory occasion
hosted by a country where people like myself are
being systematically denied their basic right to live
and love openly."He added, "If circumstances
improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BSBlog Poll

ads

ad Placement

click the benner

Help Promote Just click

Team BSBlog

...

Popular Posts

Unordered List

Ads Space

Powered by Blogger.