Monday, August 12, 2013

 7:27 AM      No comments

In a one on one session with
national daily – Vanguard,
ace comedian Julius Agwu
and his wife sat down and
answered personal
questions about before and
after their blissful wedding.
Read interview below -
How I met my wife
I met my wife at a wedding
in Port-Harcourt in 2000. She
was part of the bridal train.
My mind was blown away
when I sighted her.
Thereafter, we became
friends. Somehow, we lost
contact with each other and
later, met again in 2002. The
rest is history. We got
married in 2008.
Courtship
We dated for eight years.
This is because her parents
insisted that she must
complete her education.
After her Youth Service, they
insisted she had to enroll for
her master's degree
program. And I kept waiting
for her.
When you court your
spouse, that's when you
understand yourselves
better. You find out what she
likes and what she doesn't;
her shortcomings as well as
yours and find a way to
blend with her. Some
marriages are having
problems today because of
the inability of the couple to
bring God into it. These are
two people from different
backgrounds coming
together to live as husband
and wife. I am very
temperamental and my wife
too is a stubborn woman.
But in spite of these
shortcomings, we have
learnt to manage our issues.
Attraction
She's not only beautiful, she
is also intelligent. We
connected immediately. She
combines beauty and brain.
I realise she's something
different. It's not every lady
you dated that you can
propose to. Not every date
can lead to marriage
because God created every
man and created a wife for
that particular man. God
also created every woman
and created a husband for
that woman. That two
people dated does not mean
that they must become
husband and wife. Your
prayer should be that
nobody should marry your
own wife or husband. That's
how we connected.
Ready for marriage
Yes, at some point, I was
ready to marry her but her
parents delayed our
marriage. W hen I first met
her, I was not ready to
marry her. Then, I was
trying to build a career, but
by the time she was
finishing school, I was ready
to take her to the altar. Like
I said earlier, her parents
insisted she had to complete
her education.
Accepting marriage proposal
From the outset, she likes
me. But when I first met her,
she was about 18 years and
she was giving me an
attitude. I wasn't patient as I
got angry. I didn't want to
beg anybody . This went on
until 2002, when I lost my
father and we ran into each
other again. Coincidentally,
that was her birthday. He
got connected again. She
came with her friends and
we hung out that night. We
exchanged our contact again
and renewed our love for
each other.
5 years after
It has not been easy.
Marriage can be funny.
When it is sweet, it is sweet,
and when you quarrel with
your spouse, it looks as if
that is the end of the
marriage. But my attitude
has always been that no two
marriages can be the same.
That has been my style. You
may quarrel, keep malice
but the most important thing
is that I have decided to
spend the rest of my life
with her, for better and for
worse until death do us
apart.
Advice to young couple
It's just that whatever you
do in life, you need to hold
onto God. At any point,
married couples need God
to mediate in their
marriages. Problem starts
when they allow third party
to interfere in their
marriage. We are in an era
where a lot of marriages are
hitting the rock. It's not
about celebrities alone, it's
also happening in other
professions. Because we are
in the public eye, people
easily notice when there is a
crack in a marriage involving
a celebrity.
Female fans
My wife understands the
kind of business that I do. I
have an understanding wife
and I know where to draw
the line. That's the truth.
Strength of marriage
God has been the bedrock of
our marriage. That
understanding that we both
share; understanding of
each other's temperament
and shortcomings has been
made possible by God.
Before I met my wife
I dated other girls before I
met my wife. That's why I
said when two people dated,
it does not mean that they
must get married. I had one
or two girl friends who were
on the line then. But it did
not work out for us. I prayed
for God's direction and He
directed me to my wife.
What I dislike about my wife
My wife is not as loving as I
would have wanted her to
be. There's what we call
display of public affection,
she does not give me that.
That's one thing I don't like
about her. May be, it's
because she's an introvert.
Sometimes,I get scared
because of her quietness.
Love in marriage
Love is the foundation upon
which marriage is built.
That's why I said earlier that
it's sweet when it's sweet.
But when you quarrel with
your spouse, it looks as if
you have become sworn
enemies.
Sometimes,hardship forms
part of the reasons most
marriages crash in our
society. But it is only when
trials set in, that husband
and wife are expected to
show understanding to each
other.
That's when truly love
counts. If you love your
spouse right from the out
set,you should be able to
make sacrifices. Every
relationship depends on
what you put into it. While I
was in the university, I
propounded a theory of
relationship known as "PUT".
"PUT" stands for Patience,
Understanding and
Tolerance. These three
factors must be presence in
your relationship with your
wife, children,
parents,siblings and even
with God.
I didn't take him seriously —
Wife
How we met
It was at a wedding
ceremony in Port-Harcourt.
When he proposed to me ,I
did not take him seriously.
Stronghold of my marriage
God, and believing in each
other.
Attraction
I really do not know what
attracted me to him. We
were friends for a while,
before we later got married.
Female fans snatching him
That means he does not
belong to me. I'm not
scared, instead,he should be
the one to be scared. If he
allows them to do so, that
means he does not belong
to me.
How I see my husband
He can be funny but at the
same time, he's annoying.
He knows how to get me
annoyed.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BSBlog Poll

ads

ad Placement

click the benner

Help Promote Just click

Team BSBlog

...

Popular Posts

Unordered List

Ads Space

Powered by Blogger.